A “pretty relaxing nook” is how i like to describe Dr. Bombay’s Underwater Tea Party; One of my favorite tea shops in Atlanta, GA. Located in the Candler Park neighborhood. Dr. Bombay’s might be one of the most serene places you can visit to do your daily net surfing and tea sipping. Eloquently arranged with vintage odds and ends brings charm to the normal over stuffed chain coffee shops you may be use to. Walls lined with over stuffed bookshelves filled with tons of used books that are all available for only a $1 gives you a reason to check in there at least once a week. The old comfy couch and chairs are a nice touch to give you the comfort of grandmas place. Wooden tables stretched the length of the floor (perfect for study groups and homework help), colorful painted tables out front and a lovely plant filled patio out back guarantees seating. With over over 70 different kinds of hand selected teas from around the world, i’m sure you’ll be able to find something that intrigues your tastebuds. Let yourself be adventurous and try something out of the ordinary with prices like $4.50 for an entire pot of tea i’m sure you’ll be able to be content with your purchase. They also have a nice selection of daily rotating goodies such as house-made vegetarian soups, sandwiches, samosas, scones, cakes, and other bakery goods. If the light snacks weren’t enough there is also a Fellini’s, La Fonda, and Flying biscuit within 50 yards. My favorite reason for visiting Dr. Bombay’s is their non-profit endeavors.
“The staff at Dr. Bombay’s helps support the shop’s project in India, which we call The Learning Tea. Much of the funding from the project, which gives life scholarships to impoverished young women in India, comes from our tea shop. Here are a few ways to help us support our scholars:
- Our monthly dinner: On the last Monday of every month, we hold a private party at our shop, the proceeds from which are one of our main sources of funding. You can buy tickets to our monthly event here.
- Our book program: when you purchase used books at Dr. Bombay’s, these funds contribute towards our mission.
- The Learning Tea black and green tea packs, sourced directly from one of our partners in Darjeeling, can be purchased in our shop.
- General funds: general profits from Dr. Bombay’s are also used to further our India initiative. That means when you support the shop, you also support our scholars!
- Donations: Every dollar counts! If you would like to make a donation, big or small, please visit our donation page in our shop.
To learn more about our scholars and the project, please visit TheLearningTea.com. Our scholars thank you for helping make this project possible!”
Spread the gift of inspiration and share this post.